Why work at Sirius?
Sirius is one of UK and America’s leading Free and Open Source services groups. We are always looking for people who will take us to the next level and help shape our successful company culture. We value talent, creativity, and a sense that anything is possible. More than anything else, we believe that job satisfaction comes down to being able to do what you're good at, while collaborating with other highly talented people on a shared mission.
A great place to work
In modern custom designed offices with great facilities being situated at the centre of Bracknell's newly developed shopping centre with onsite parking and easy access to all public transport.
We currently have the following vacancies:
Drupal Digital Developer
Our Digital Developer will have overall responsibility for the working on a variety of projects primarily involved in the development, maintenance and support of Drupal Websites. You will form the core of Sirius’ new Digital Department, and have the opportunity to work with Management to form, lead and grow the Department, gaining new skills and experience in the process.
You will be working from our Digital Team in the United Kingdom, reporting directly to the UK CEO.
- Provide expert guidance and assistance to the Sirius Service Desk Team, enabling Support Engineers to close all Drupal and Digital support tickets within SLA as evidenced by meeting monthly ticket resolution metric targets.
- Be 2nd/3rd line escalation point to the Sirius Service Desk. You will have demonstrable experience of solving Digital problems, working on and closing assigned support tickets within SLA as evidenced by meeting monthly ticket resolution metric targets.
- Participate as lead Drupal and Digital Developer in Sirius Teams delivering development sprints and customer projects. Demonstrable track record of delivering successful Digital Projects on time and within budget.
- Act as delivery lead in creating, updating and maintaining Drupal websites (including Sirius’) that meet Sirius and Client’s Acceptance Testing criteria.
- Be Sirius’ in-house Digital Guru, and authoritative source of technical knowledge for Drupal and related technologies. Give Sirius enhanced capability, across-the-board, to work and be successful in the Digital Domain.
- Work with company Management to grow Sirius’ Digital Department and help recruit ‘A-Team’ players, leading to increased revenue and profitability for the Digital Department.
- Must be a Team Player willing and able to successfully communicate and cooperate with Clients and Sirius staff - end users, engineers, developers and management. You will have a demonstrable track record of successfully working in Teams to produce shared results contributing to the company’s bottom line.
- Communicate with Clients (tickets, phone, conference calls, email) regarding Support Issues. You will have excellent and demonstrable communication skills in a client setting.
- Speak and work with Clients face-to-face in Project meetings and presentations. You will be presentable and have a history of successful direct client contact.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion
Job Requirements and Qualifications
A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field (or combined with related experience).
- Experience developing LAMP-stack websites and web applications including strong design sense and strong skills in information, architecture and usability.
- Experience as a PHP Drupal Developer hands-on experience with professional experience in module building and theme building.
- Experience in critical thinking and problem solving skills in the context of software development.
- Experience with writing automated tests.
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment.
- Leadership/mentoring skills and experience.
Minimum 2 years of Drupal development experience (samples of applications that you have worked on are required)
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a Resume/CV to our CEO, Mark Taylor - mark(dot)Taylor(at)siriusopensource(dot)com, with the words "Drupal Digital Developer" in the Subject line. Please include any text by way of a cover letter in the body of your email and not as a separate attachment.
Sirius is looking for qualified individuals to work as Technical Support Engineers in UK and USA.
The Support Engineer provides comprehensive telephone, web, e-mail, chat, technical and application support to Sirius customers 24/7 365 days a year.
The candidate must be able to work directly with customers in high-pressure situations. Have strong analytic, organisational and communication skills, thrive in a team environment and posses the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
The candidate will interact with development and project teams to investigate and resolve issues. The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analyse, track and resolve customer issues in a professional, timely manner. Identify any security upgrades that are necessary and communicate them to customers. Maintain and update web based support documentation, using monitoring software to identify potential support issues.
Salary will be based on experience.
This role is based at our offices in Bracknell and also available as remote working.
Experience in the following list of apps and systems would be desirable:
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• HA Proxy
• Python (programing Language)
• Network Security
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
• Debian (including Canonical)
• Any other programming languages
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
Senior Database Engineer
PostgreSQL is one of the core Sirius technologies, and has been since our founding in 1998.
We are looking for a PostgreSQL Guru to join our World-Class Team in either West Coast USA, or London, UK.
What we Offer You:
- Competitive Salary and Profit-Sharing
- Pension Plan
- Staff Benefit Schemes
- Additional Perks such as Friday Team Lunches and Team Days Out
- Choice of Equipment set-up (Computer/Monitor/Accessories)
- Remote work opportunities, optionally flexible working hours, and vacation arrangements
- Relocation assistance
- Awesome Team and Culture
- An International Team with strong focus on transparency
- International Travel opportunities if interested in working with our International Locations
- An opportunity to do Office Exchanges in other satellite locations
- Regular Team Gatherings and Company Retreats
Sirius is a professional services company. You will connect with our customers, so customer service and professionalism is key.
The ability to imagine, propose, test, and deliver integrated and maintained solutions to users' problems is the key to success in this position. You work well in a team: you don't have to work 24 hours a day, because our 24/7/365 Support Team can always log into any system you’ve touched and know where everything is, how it got there, and how to add new things if they're needed.
We need you to be a Sirius guru for all things PostgreSQL.
- Do great work, and inspire people around you to do the same
- Provide customers with clear, detailed, and high value solutions
- Use your PostgreSQL expertise to tune and push databases beyond their normal limits
- DBA tasks include: upgrades, migrations, creating backups, recovery from backup, system level optimisation, configuration advice for database servers, identifying poorly performing queries and optimising them, monitoring of databases and automating that where possible
- Design, deploy and help our customers with backup and replication scenarios
- Propose and implement HA solutions
- Migrate databases from other RDBMS to PostgreSQL
- Have the latest tools and technologies at your disposal
- Develop your skills through courses and seminars
Your Non-database skills:
- Excellent GNU/Linux skills (Debian/Ubuntu/RedHat/CentOS)
- Version control (git)
- Clear communication, both verbal and in documentation
- Excellent time keeping and self discipline
Your Must haves:
- Deep understanding of PostgreSQL (Oracle or other RDBMS are plus)
- Excellent British English and/or American English Written and Verbal Communication skills
- PostgreSQL DBA experience
- PostgreSQL Administration experience
- PostgreSQL Development experience
- Understanding of (or quick to pick up) related technologies such as PgPool, Slony, PostGIS, etc.
- Attention to detail, and able to troubleshoot - problem solving through thinking for yourself yet receptive of peer review
- Participate in on-call list rotation (after-hours/weekends)
- Excellent team player willing to go the extra mile for the customer.
Your Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Data Pipelines, Data Lakes and modern Data Warehousing practices (virtual data warehouse, push down analytics etc.)
- Systems administration capability with shell scripts, as well as either Perl or Python
- Cloud Based Infrastructure (ideally AWS)
- Experience with another Cloud Provider such as GCP and/or Azure
- Experience supporting PostgreSQL in cloud environments (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Softlayer, etc.)
- Knowledge of Oracle, ideally with experience in Oracle to PostgreSQL migrations
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka, and Cassandra
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Detailed understanding of the PostgreSQL Architecture and internals
- Understanding and working knowledge of various extensions in PostgreSQL
- Experience with working with a distributed team with international locations
- Effective technical writing for documentation and playbooks.
Candidate residence is preferred to be United States (Washington State/Spokane) or United Kingdom (Bracknell/London)
Wherever you live, at least 5 hours of business overlap with West Coast USA/Pacific North West
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a Resume/CV to our CEO, Mark Taylor - mark(dot)Taylor(at)siriusopensource(dot)com, with the words "Technical PostgreSQL" in the Subject line. Please include any text by way of a cover letter in the body of your email and not as a separate attachment.
We are always on the lookout for great talent, so you are also welcome to contact us speculatively!