Shibboleth is a standards based, open source software package for web single sign-on across or within organizational boundaries. It allows sites to make informed authorization decisions for individual access of protected online resources in a privacy-preserving manner.
The Shibboleth software implements widely used federated identity standards, principally the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), to provide a federated single sign-on and attribute exchange framework. A user authenticates with his or her organizational credentials, and the organization (or identity provider) passes the minimal identity information necessary to the service provider to enable an authorization decision. Shibboleth also provides extended privacy functionality allowing a user and their home site to control the attributes released to each application.
Shibboleth is a core SiriUS Technology, and we have been working with it since our founding in 1998.
We offer the following Shibboleth Services:
- Strategic Consultancy - We help you identify opportunities to benefit from what Shibboleth can do for you. Learn more >
- Deployment and Systems Integration - We design, build and integrate systems using Shibboleth. Learn more >
- Training - We pass on our expert Shibboleth knowledge. Learn more >
- Support - We give you the confidence to use Shibboleth with our expertise backing you when you need it. Learn more >
- Managed Service - We manage your Shibboleth systems to provide a solution that meets your specific technology need. Learn more >
Learn how SiriUS helped...
- Bradford College implement Shibboleth on Linux, and provide ongoing expert support
- Local Government in Wales, UK, implement Single Sign On in Schools with Shibboleth
- SAP implement OpenLDAP for thousands of their staff, and provide 24/7/365 support for the solution.
- ABN AMRO implement OpenLDAP for DevOps for thousands users, and provide ongoing expert support.
We would love to hear about how you are using Shibboleth, or are thinking about using Shibboleth, and we are sure you would find value in an expert, free and no-obligation discussion of your Shibboleth needs. Simply have us reach out to you or call us now on (509) 254-5005.