Why work at Sirius?
Sirius is one of UK and America’s leading Free and Open Source services groups. We are always looking for people who will take us to the next level and help shape our successful company culture. We value talent, creativity, and a sense that anything is possible. More than anything else, we believe that job satisfaction comes down to being able to do what you're good at, while collaborating with other highly talented people on a shared mission.
A great place to work
In modern custom designed offices with great facilities being situated at the centre of Bracknell's newly developed shopping centre with onsite parking and easy access to all public transport.
Sirius is looking for qualified individuals to work as Technical Support Engineers in UK and USA.
The Support Engineer provides comprehensive telephone, web, e-mail, chat, technical and application support to Sirius customers 24/7 365 days a year.
The candidate must be able to work directly with customers in high-pressure situations. Have strong analytic, organisational and communication skills, thrive in a team environment and posses the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
The candidate will interact with development and project teams to investigate and resolve issues. The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analyse, track and resolve customer issues in a professional, timely manner. Identify any security upgrades that are necessary and communicate them to customers. Maintain and update web based support documentation, using monitoring software to identify potential support issues.
Salary starting from £20,000/$25,000 p.a. - £25,000/$30,000 p.a. - Salary will be based on experience.
This role is based at our offices in Bracknell and also available as remote working.
Experience in the following list of apps and systems would be desirable:
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• HA Proxy
• Python (programing Language)
• Network Security
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
• Debian (including Canonical)
• Any other programming languages
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
- Logging and processing support calls
- Investigate and resolve technical issues while keeping the customer informed every step of the way
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Setting up accounts for staff, ensuring that they know how to log in
- Supervising junior engineering and technical staff
- Responding to monitoring alerts
- Configuration of monitoring software
- Helping design and implement infrastructure for internal and client purposes
- Maintaining client and internal infrastructure
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Provide input for technical tenders
- Handing over unfinished work to other members of staff
- Keeping documentation relevant, up to date and reviewing legacy systems to improve documentation
- Dealing with suppliers on behalf of our customers
- Microsoft Server / MSSQL
- Elastic Search
- KVM Virtualisation
- VPN Pref StrongSwan
- TCP/IP Networking
- LAMP Stack
- SIP Phones
- Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS, Debian
- Scripting Skills eg Bash, Python
- Network switches. Patch Panels, VLANs
- Strong provable Linux Sysadmin skills
- Time management
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have Strong Problem Solving abilities
- Must have ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and telephone skills
- Ability to function and thrive in a team environment
- Energetic, with a strong desire to succeed
- Strong customer service background would be ideal
Location: Offices are in Bracknell, Berkshire. Working hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5.30pm.
We are always on the lookout for great talent, so you are also welcome to contact us speculatively!